Stem Cell and PRP Therapy Procedures
At Stem Cell Centers of the Palm Beaches, we offer regenerative medical treatments for patients who have orthopedic diseases and injuries including stenosis, degenerative disc disease, herniated discs, or damaged, swollen, or inflamed facet (spinal) joints.
We provide stem cell therapy and PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy via adipose tissue and bone marrow, where cells can be harvested from the tissue in your body and relocated to areas of inflammation and damage.
Stem cells are a class of undifferentiated cells in your body that are able to differentiate into specialized cell types. When harvested from fat tissue or bone marrow, the cells are processed in a lab and then reintroduced into the specific area of your body where they can gradually heal damaged tissue. The types of cells include:
A variety of diseases and injuries can be treated with stem cell therapy and PRP therapy. Orthopedic conditions that have been treated in studies using stem cells include acute and chronic injuries of muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, and cartilage. Some specific conditions that can be treated with stem cell therapy include:
- Mild to moderate osteoarthritis
- Degenerative arthritis of the joints, especially the hip and knee
- Tendon injuries, including partial tears of the rotator cuff of the shoulder
- Back pain related to degenerative disc and facet (spinal) joints
In addition, anti-aging stem cell facial treatments that use state-of-the-art technology to harvest your own stem cells can immediately rejuvenate your facial skin and soft tissue.
Following a stem cell procedure, some patients may experience mild pain for the first 48-72 hours. After this period, however, most patients experience a gradual decrease in pain or sustained pain relief and improved function. In order for the procedure to have lasting benefits, it is recommended that you follow these post-procedure restrictions:
- Rest for the first 24-48 hours.
- Refrain from taking anti-inflammatory medications for two weeks post-procedure.
- Restrict the use of the injured area (e.g. knee, shoulder) for the first two weeks.
- Avoid cardio exercise for three to four weeks.
- Wait at least four weeks to resume running or weight-lifting.
At Stem Cell Centers of the Palm Beaches, our focus is strictly regenerative medicine. Our stem cell and PRP procedures are done in the comfort of our clinic, and you can go home quickly afterward.
For more information about our regenerative services, contact Stem Cell Centers of the Palm Beaches at (561) 877-3920, or complete our request a consultation form.